Tuesday, October 16, 2007

11:40 AM Posted by: M., 1 comments

hello :)

i am at work. i have been in a bad mood for the past 24 hours, but it seems to be passing now. i don't really know why. About two years ago, if my mood suddenly turned good like this, I would probably get chills and smile and thank God. Now, I just think that I am happy.

Even if God is real and does give us those little happy times, I would WAY rather give those up so he could have time to save humans from suffering and eternal damnation. I will gladly give up close parking spots, finding money on the ground, and all other little "God sightings" so that one less kid dies of AIDS today. That doesnt make me a saint or anything, I just feel that way.


1 comment:

Sara said...

I resonate what you said, "I think I'm just happy."
It's interesting how people experience, see, and compartmentalize God. Right now I think that a lot of us over-spiritualize things. Like if my caffeine kicked in and my spirits lift, God must be blessing me. Or my nervous system is reacting to my latte. Whatever makes you happy, I guess.