Sunday, April 1, 2007

excited

11:12 PM Posted by: M., 2 comments

Wow I have so much reading to do! A lot of books and articles have been recommended to me lately and I am honestly going to try to read them all. I am hopefully going to finish The God Delusion by the end of this week and then be able to move onto some other articles and books. So, thanks everyone for recommending stuff to me--I will try to get to it soon so we can talk more about these things. Or if you have good recommendations for more Christian/atheist books, please share here.


2 comments:

Paul Moment said...

Hi. I dropped into your blog via Stupid Church People via Scott Williams. I'm still on my own journey -- back into the Christian church in my case (and possibly ministry) after being out of it for a few years and in it before that. It's a dance that's felt silly and fickle sometimes -- in and out -- but I can't escape the church's orbit. I've experienced too many moments of transcendent beauty.

In your reading, I encourage you to check out some of my favorite authors -- Frederick Buechner, Annie Dillard, Anne Lamott, Barbara Taylor Brown, and Sara Miles. Unbelievable bunch -- they've all moved me to tears more than once and they'll give you some soul nourishment and a run for your money.

Anyway, all that to say that I'm intrigued by your journey and appreciate your raw processing of what you're going through. I hope you don't mind if I voyeuristically peek over your shoulder while you agonize... :)

Oh, yeah - my blog might be a decent way to introduce myself. Nice to meet you.

marie said...

Hi Paul!

Good to meet you! (at least in a virtual way)

I would love to look at your blog, but it is not working right now--maybe it is down for maintenance or something. Thanks a lot for those recommendations--they will go on my current list of readings (it may take me a while to get to them, though--I have a lot to read!)

I am really interested to read your story and how you relate to the christian church. Thanks for coming here and I hope that we can both learn from each others' experiences :)

thanks!

marie