Friday, March 9, 2007

rest

11:31 PM Posted by: M., 1 comments

I have taken this week and maybe a little more to rest my brain and soul about God. It feels pretty good. It is easy to get caught in a maelstrom of confusion and questions, and though I have not progressed in any direction, I do feel rested. I think it is comforting to know that this journey could take a while if I am serious about my pursuits in it. Maybe too I have just been really busy. I heard a woman on the radio today talking about her new book on finding religion. It sounded interesting. She had some interesting points about why she converted that I would like to know more on ( I caught like the last 3 minutes of the broadcast). She talked about how she used to think that religion had to provide all the answers in order to be true--and how now she doesnt feel that way. I could explain it a little better if I wasn't so tired. But I will try to find her on the npr website and share her name and book.

time for bed, i must rise early tomorrow morn


1 comment:

JumpingFromConclusions said...

I understand what you are talking about here. I go through phases where I just push my thoughts and doubts out of my mind and say "Just don't worry about it" for a while, and I think that it is a good thing. It can help you relax a little bit and re-gather yourself from a bundle of random thoughts, wonders, and mere confusion.

Anyway, I hope you're having a good week! I look forward to reading your thoughts and discussions when you return.