Monday, February 26, 2007

i dont know. you know though, right?

9:30 PM Posted by: M., 3 comments

I just read this on Debunking Christianity

I am not much of a philosopher, but I feel this

“As a philosopher, I find that my intense awareness of the multiplicity of rational alternatives makes me feel deep alienation from fellow Christians who appear to be blessed with certainty, and with a correlative perception of the obvious falsity of such alternatives. To be frank, I do not feel their certainty to be a blessing: better, surely, I cannot help telling myself, to be a Socrates tentative than a pig without questions.”
--Terence Penelhum

to read all, go here: http://debunkingchristianity.blogspot.com/2007/02/christians-who-struggle-with-serious.html


3 comments:

John W. Loftus said...

Thanks for reading and linking to it. I guess you can relate, eh?

Thanks for visiting us at DC.

marie said...

Hi John

I am honored to have you here. I think you make some of the most intelligent, respectable observations--I look forward to reading your book!

Thanks for visiting!

John W. Loftus said...

Thank you. I'm glad what I write helps.